Curriculum enrichment consultant: STEM/Aquaponics program
The Door Campaign is seeking to build a new and improved 2nd edition of our Aquaponics/Sustainability Curriculum. We are seeking skilled and passionate education consultant to direct our Summer 2018 STEM/Aquaponics curriculum enrichment initiative. The consultant will work with TDC's educator staff to synthesize and create several teacher guides to be used across various education levels and school contexts.
At TDC, aquaponics is at the heart of our STEM education approach, helping students learn about biology, ecology, sustainability, and healthy eating. We emphasize hands-on Project-Based Learning as mechanism for our engaging and empowering STEM education.
Deadline: June 15, 2018. Send proposals to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications & design consultant
The communications and design consultant shall provide communication services as outlined in the RFP below and described in The Door Campaign’s 2018 Communications Strategy. Our objective is to strengthen The Door Campaign (TDC)’s public presence through the creation and maintenance of print and digital media to more effectively engage with partners, donors, and supporters. Our goal is to educate about the work of TDC and encourage engagement with TDC initiatives.
All projects will be overseen by the Program Coordinator on behalf of The Door Campaign. In addition, the consultant will assist and advise TDC’s summer design interns on several designated projects below.
Deadline: June 30, 2018. Send proposals to email@example.com
The Door Campaign (TDC) opens doors and creates educational pathways for youth affected by generational poverty in the Pittsburgh region. TDC creates educational spaces to promote STEM education in the Pittsburgh region.
General Position Summary
School-based site coordinators will oversee the delivery of our Aquaponics Sustainability Program at designated TDC school partner sites. The primary function of the site coordinator position is to facilitate effective program delivery by providing on-site supervision of program logistics. The site coordinator will act as a critical communication and leadership liaison between program teachers, TDC’s Program Coordinator, and school administration. They must act as a competent representative of TDC, operating with a friendly and flexible yet objective-oriented manner while on site, building relationships with classroom teachers and school staff, and demonstrating a commitment to quality of programs, and the ability to function effectively within the school environment. TDC is seeking a seasonal, part-time staff available September 2018 - June 2019 averaging 10-20 hours per week.
Site Coordinator reports to: Program Coordinator, Cecilia Lapp Stoltzfus
Primary responsibilities of the Site Coordinator include:
- Be in classrooms and assist teachers during Aquaponics Sustainability Program workshops
- Manage direct implementation of the program including: regular communication with teachers; coordinating site schedules, documenting student attendance and completed surveys; and seeking feedback from teachers about delivery/effectiveness of the program
- Act in an instructional capacity, including assisting with delivery of lessons on biology, ecology, and sustainability
- Lead program set up and clean-up efforts: making sure materials are available/distributed to teachers and that materials/data are collected when necessary
- Send weekly update to Program Coordinator outlining highlights, upcoming tasks, and general notes
- Coordinate 2 classroom site-visits per semester (for key stakeholders)
- Attend all required TDC staff and training meetings (biweekly)
- Maintain consistent communication with the Program Coordinator about teachers, program quality and general operations
- Reliable when working independently
- Experience serving a diverse population of students, teachers, and community partners
- Experience/interest in science education
- Must have High School Diploma or G.E.D. and maintain current PA Act 33/34 clearance
- Access to a car preferred
Questions? Contact Cecilia Lapp Stoltzfus: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: (240) 413-1273